Friday 1 March 2013

Entrance



March, already. I want it to be March, sigh for the shift away from grey winter, but time's headlong gallop also frightens me - the reins that trail in the dust, that I can't catch hold of.

A fair-sized work project to be completed in just a week means really cracking on with it every day until it's done, and this is a good challenge, which I seem to be up to. The brain is in a better state than it was a year ago. But the heart is a different matter, and everything that matters, really, comes from there.

In the coming season, will time slow down a bit, revealing doors to be pushed open? - and what will be written on those doors? - or will it continue to flash past, ungraspable?

7 comments:

Loren said...

For some reason the older I get the quicker time seems to go, so I wouldn't count on it slowing down.

Still, when I'm out birding for the day it seems to last "forever;" so focusing on the moment seems to help a little.

Vivien said...

I do hope the doors will open for you! And yes, thank Gawd the winter is nearly over.

Zhoen said...

The sparkle of spring.

Jean said...

Loren, yes indeed! I don't really expect time to slow down for me :-) We can't change the flow of time, only our own response to it. So, yes, it's much more about being able to be in the moment - something that requires both a lot of practice and a commitment to confronting the emotions, memories, moods that get in the way of this.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

This photo is like a distillation of elegance, almost like one of those names that instantly evoke it:
Chanel
Ritz
Vogue
Fabergé
Rolls Royce
Garbo

Jean said...

Ah, but what you can't see is that the pair of this door reads 'BILLIARDS' :-) Of course, in Victorian times no building was too mundane to be ornamented with elegant details...

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

That's even better! I love that juxtaposition and it really fits quite well...Billiards and Garbo? Yes! And Chanel? Yes! etc.